Friday, August 25, 2006

Synthesis Paper....COMM 100
Prof. Joeven Castro



During the class orientation in Comm 100, our Professor told us to prepare a blogspot,specifically on blogger or blogspot (it's the same). I was a bit excited
because I already have one. But during that time I'm not into blogging because our computer was not doing good and besides I hardly update my blog in the past 2 months
because of my busy sked in school..(naks I'm busy)..well anyway I'm doing this becauseit's now the time. He will check our blog, I'm kinda shy about it..Uyy haha sometimes I also feel that (well not most of the time ahihihih)

.........

When I first got into this class, I felt nothing(I mean I'm not nervous at all). but whenI knew that Sir. Joeven will be our Professor Oh God..I felt so nervous. Not because he's a terror Professor, I remeber in our Filipino class last semester our Professor always tellsus that we should experience to be astudent of Sir Joeven because he is really good but strict.That's why I got nervous.


I know this subject will help me alot to improve myself to be a better Communication student. During the first month were all shy to express our ideas because we dont want to commit mistake. I just listen to him, and everytime he talks infront of us everybody will just stare at him, and you should not miss every single words that will come out on his mouth, it's you missed all the things he said. I learned all the best in Communication, from the role of Media in different organization and institutions, essence of media, the responsibilities of media to their audiences etc. As early as now he already preparing us to be a good media practitioner so
when the time comes that were going to be a media practitioner we know our role and responsibilites that will helps us eventually to create name in the media world.(why not?)I learned to value reading, before I will just read for the sake of reading, or because I like the story. But now I realized that reading is very important, it can enhance your vocabulary, and it will help you to gather more information that you will use in the future.


My perspective before to Mass Communication is still the same. I see Mass Comm as a respectable job, serious, the influence it brings to the people, the valuable informations that media shares to their audiences. I know see Mass Coom as more serious than I thought before, I thought that it's not that hard because there's no Math. But I realized that everything will be hard for you if you dont study,
if you dont work hard for it.Mass Comm improves me to be more critical, that all people should be.I became more matured in understanding why this such things in our society happens, crimes, political propaganda etc. I became more concern on the role of media, and their responsibilities to the people. The importance of communication in our life and as a media practitioner.


In the future I would like to focus more on production, or PR( public relation)perhaps..My friend told me I'm good at it.( coming from her..wohoaah..it such an honor)..I want to be involve in production because I want to explore my ideas, my creativity in mind. I always have this in mind that I'm good in production conceptualizing, yeah..hahaha!!I want to be a creative director, the one who is responsible in coceptualizing the tv commericials, concept of the show etc.I want to focus on that are because that's what I want and I know if I work hard for it success wil come in my way...

No comments: